These lentil sweet potato fritters are made with quick-cooking split red lentils and roasted sweet potato to form the base. Chickpea flour, spices, onion, garlic, hemp seeds, and fresh parsley are then whizzed up along with them in the food processor. Fritters must be paired with an amazing sauce, so these are paired with a curried cashew cream sauce that you'll want to slather on EVERYTHING. Make some extra fritters while you're at it that you'll grab and munch on all week long.
Lentil Sweet Potato Fritters With Curried Cashew Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Curried Cashew Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
For the Lentil Sweet Potato Fritters:
- 1/2 cup split red lentils, rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, roasted, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed oil
- 1/2 cup cherries, halved and seeds removed
- Micro greens
- Place cashews, curry powder, turmeric, salt, coconut milk, and lime juice in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. If a thinner consistency is desired add additional coconut milk or water 1 tablespoon at a time and blend again until desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Place lentils in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for about 5-7 minutes. Drain any remaining liquid and spread on a baking sheet to cool quickly.
- Add cooled lentils, sweet potato, garlic, red onion, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, chickpea flour, parsley, and hemp seeds to a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Shape mixture into tablespoon-sized rounds. Roll each round in breadcrumbs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes to chill.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add lentil sweet potato fritters (do this in two batches so as not to overcrowd the pan). Fry for about 3-4 minutes, turning so that browning on all sides is achieved. Set on paper towels to drain.
- To serve, spoon cashew curry sauce onto plates. Top with fritters. Garnish with cherries, micro greens, hemp seeds, and parsley.