A simple vegan lentil lasagna soup. This easy and comforting soup is packed with flavor and requires less than 30 minutes of work. Top it with vegan parmesan and you’ll have a delicious and nutritious vegan dinner.
Lentil Lasagna Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, canned
- 8 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 5 lasagna noodles, broken into bite-sized pieces
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5-10 minutes or until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Cook them closer to 10 minutes to bring out the flavors.
- Add the canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, lentils, oregano, basil and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low-medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through.
- Bring the soup to a boil one more time and add the noodle pieces. Cook over medium-high heat until the noodles are cooked to your liking (follow the package's instructions). Taste and add more salt or pepper as needed. Serve immediately with vegan parmesan if desired.