Rich and hearty yet oil free and refined sugar free, these vegan and gluten-free brownies use black lentils for perfect texture and moistness. Moreover, they are not only gooey and delicious but also super easy to make.
Lentil Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups boiled black (Beluga) lentils
- 1 ounce peanut butter (without additives)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 5 1/3 ounces of unsweetened oat milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon mesquite flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons dark chocolate chips (add later)
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa nibs (add later)
- Start with soaking Beluga lentils for 8 hours. Then rinse, drain and boil the lentils.
- Next, add all the ingredients (except chocolate chips and cocoa nibs) into food processor and process until you have homogeneous and smooth batter. You’ll need to scrape the sides every now and then.
- Then, transfer the batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread it out into about 7 inch square.
- Finally, sprinkle on some chocolate chips and cocoa nibs, press them down and bake the brownies at 350°F for 30 minutes. Let cool before slicing.