If you've been looking for a go-to vegan green curry recipe –– you've come to the right place. This vegan lemongrass Thai green curry soup with zucchini noodles is the ideal light meal for days when you’ve had a heavy breakfast and lunch or you don't want to sacrifice having dessert. This soup tastes like it should be heavy in calories, but it’s not at all and will leave you full and satisfied. Spicy, tangy, and full of healthy veggies, this vegan green curry recipe is everything you could want in a soup. It's also quite easy to make! Just put everything in a saucepan and you're good to go! A divine meal with minimal effort. Pull out this vegan green curry recipe for a date night to impress your boo!
Lemongrass Green Coconut Curry Soup With Zucchini Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or virgin coconut oil)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 oz mushrooms of choice (a large handful)
- 2 oz snow peas
- 2 oz baby bok choy, chopped in 3" pieces
- 1/3 cup diced scallions
- 1/2 cup small-cubed tofu
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchinis, Blade C
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and green curry paste. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the mushrooms, snow peas, bok choy, scallions, tofu, lime juice, and zucchini noodles.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Once tender, add in the cilantro, season generously with salt and pepper, stir to combine, and serve into bowls.