Super fluffy and moist, and the perfect amount of lemon flavor that leaves you feeling refreshed and oh so satisfied.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a muffin/cupcake tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour into a smaller mixing bowl. To that bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine (do not overmix!). Using a cookie scoop, scoop an even amount of batter into each cupcake tin. Bake for 18-20 min. or until sides are golden brown or toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 min. Enjoy!