These scones are so light, lovely, and floral – perfect for a tea party, brunch, or any time when you just want to feel fancy! Almond meal and coconut flour gives these scones a lovely texture, and makes them totally gluten-free, to boot!
Lemon Poppy Scones With Raspberry Lavender Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, in solid state
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 5 fresh raspberries
- 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons lavender syrup*
- Water, as needed for consistency (I barely used any – a drop goes a long way!)
- In a large bowl, add almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add cold coconut oil bowl and work it in with fingers until the mix is slightly crumbly.
- Add poppy seeds, cane sugar, lemon zest, and juice to dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Add soy milk and work with your hands until dough is crumbly but moist. If it is more moist than crumbly, add a little more almond meal/coconut flour.
- Work dough into the shape of a disk and set on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut scones into triangles and put in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Bake until golden and crispy on edges, then allow to cool before glazing.
- Add ingredients until you get desired consistency and glaze however you’d like.
You can find lavender syrup at specialty baking stores, or make your own by taking a small amount of dried or fresh culinary lavender and simmering it in equal parts sugar and water until the mixture is reduced and slightly thickened.