Panna cotta is normally quite finicky, but this raw version is foolproof – no cooking involved! This dessert is very light and fresh, and the maple syrup gives it a slight flavor of caramel. A garnish of perfectly ripe berries makes it a truly divine treat and a must-try!
Raw Lemon Panna Cotta With Raspberry Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Lemon Panna Cotta:
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked for four hours and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 of a cup coconut oil, melted
For the Sauce and Garnish:
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil in a high-speed blender and blend until perfectly smooth. Add coconut oil and blend for few seconds until mixed well. Pour the panna cotta mixture into molds and place in the freezer for about two hours.
- Blend half of the raspberries with maple syrup in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Serve panna cotta in a plate with raspberry sauce and garnish with berries. Depending on how “frozen” the panna cotta is when you remove it from the freezer, you might need to let it defrost for about 20-30 minutes before serving.