Looking for a luxurious way to start out your morning – why not cut yourself a piece of cake? This cake has a balanced combination of lavender, lemon, and olive oil. It is sweet like cake should be, but it has a pleasant slight savory quality to it
Lemon Olive Oil Breakfast Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lemon Olive Oil Breakfast Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lavender buds, crushed using mortar and pestle
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Blackberries (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
How to Prepare Lemon Olive Oil Breakfast Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line one 6-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a small glass measuring cup, whisk the almond milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice together. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar, olive oil, and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into a separate bowl.
- Stir in salt and lavender buds.
- Add the flour and milk mixture alternately beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake it for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once it's cooled, dust it with powdered sugar and decorate with blackberries, lemon slices, and fresh herbs.
Inspired by a lemon olive oil cake recipe by Meggan Hill of Culinary Hill.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.