These lemon cookies are wonderful, fragrant, fluffy, light with very little sugar!
Lemon Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 3.5 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the oil with the milk. Add sugar, juice and zest.
- Then, gradually add the flour and baking powder mix and stir.
- After ingredients are combined, take some dough, make it into a ball and use your palm to spread it into a round shape. Place it in a pan lined with oil and flatten with a fork.
- Optionally, I sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 17-20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and place them on a cooling rack.