Delicate, delicious and oh-so-easy! This salty and tangy lemon caper pasta with fresh grape tomatoes can be on the table in less than thirty minutes, perfect for when you need a meal fast. Pasta doesn’t always have to be loaded with heavy sauces. This combination of olive oil, lemon juice, wine, and pasta water creates a light yet equally savory sauce.
Lemon Caper Pasta With Grape Tomatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 ounces of gluten-free spaghetti
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- Salt to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped and some extra for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shallots and garlic to skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30-40 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, wine or vegetable stock, reserved pasta water, and capers. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet, toss to coat, remove from heat, and transfer to serving bowl.
- Season to taste with salt. Toss in the tomatoes, parsley and red pepper flakes.