Move over traditional hummus! This new twist on the dip uses white beans to allow all flavors to shine through. Pair with sliced cucumbers, jicama, or whole grain pita chips. Enjoy as a sandwich condiment, too.
Lemon Beet Hummus With Poached Pistachios [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Lemon Beet Hummus With Poached Pistachios [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3/4 cup of shelled, no salt pistachios
- 8 ounces cooked peeled beets, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons juice)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons roasted pistachio oil or extra-virgin olive oil
How to Prepare Lemon Beet Hummus With Poached Pistachios [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of the pistachios and 3 cups cold water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered until the pistachios are softened (poached), about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add the poached pistachios, beets, beans, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, and cumin to a blender. Cover and puree until velvety smooth, at least 3 minutes on high speed, scraping down sides as needed. Adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pistachios, and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 100 | Carbs: 8 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 32 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.