This lemon basil risotto is so rich in flavor it will blow you away. And it is so filling and creamy too.
Lemon Basil Risotto [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup Carnaroli rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 30 large basil leaves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- peel of 1 lemon organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 teaspoons soy cream
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Soak the cashew nuts for a couple of hours, then drain and shake them with a spoonful of broth and the cream until you get a smooth and thick cream. Keep aside
- Chop the thin onion and let it dry in extra virgin olive oil, adding two tablespoons of broth after a few minutes.
- Add the rice and toast it. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and start cooking the risotto, adding the broth a little at a time.
- Finely chop the lemon peel and after 15 minutes of cooking add it to the rice.
- Chop the basil leaves and add them to the risotto five minutes before the end of cooking adding little by little the remaining lemon juice until you reach the desired degree of acidity. Add salt.
- Remove from the fire the risotto with the cream of cashews. Let stand a few minutes, arrange it of a dish adding some lemon zest, a few leaves of basil and a 'abundant freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.