This pasta dish is quick, easy, requires a handful of staple ingredients, colorful with the lemon and asparagus, rich with flavor, rich with healthy fats and protein with the cashews, perf for spring/summer, can easily be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, and you can easily add whatever protein you like to this dish!!
Lemon and Asparagus Pasta in a Cashew Cream Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lemon and Asparagus Pasta in a Cashew Cream Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 cups cooked linguini pasta
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 cup soaked cashews (overnight or boiled for 10 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (garnish)
How to Prepare Lemon and Asparagus Pasta in a Cashew Cream Sauce [Vegan]
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook asparagus until crispy, then season with pinch of salt. Transfer to a plate and set aside. If you'd rather reduce the oil content you can simply heat the skillet with a few cups of water covering the asparagus. Bring to boil, drop the asparagus in for 1 minute. seconds, then remove and place in an ice water bath. (blanching)
- In the same skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook the shallots for 3 minutes, add garlic and cooke for 2.
- Remove and add to a high power blender with the soaked cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt/pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss and coat with the sauce. Add the sauteed or blanched asparagus. Garnish with parsley and lemons.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.