Classic lasagne with meaty ragout is reinvented in this recipe of the Italian classic. Savory, protein-packed ragout is layered in between slices of soft pasta sheets, and then topped with a creamy, cashew béchamel cream. While this decadent dish is incredibly tasty as is, feel free to add some greens into the mix using spinach or basil.
Lasagne Al Ragout [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 356°F and lightly oil a baking pan.
- Spoon over 1 ladle of béchamel, spread evenly, and set 1-2 ladles of béchamel aside.
- Follow with a layer of lasagne sheets, 2 heaping ladles of ragout, and 2 ladles of béchamel; level off evenly and repeat this process until you run out of ingredients.
- Cover with the béchamel previously set aside, making sure you cannot spot any pasta poking through.
- Top with nutritional yeast and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.