Make these hearty and flavorful mini burgers the star of your cookout. These little sliders are truly delicious and very crowd-pleasing. They are slightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, just like any good veggie burger. Plus, with the help of a food processor, they are also easy to make and require only a few, cheap ingredients. And … they make you happy. So, so, so happy!
Kidney Bean and Pumpkin Seed Sliders [Vegan]
- 1 13.5-ounce can of kidney beans
- 1 10-ounce block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 5 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until mostly blended but still slightly chunky.
- Form the mixture into small patties and place on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning them over once halfway through baking time. The patties are quite soft in texture, so do the flipping carefully.
- Serve on small buns with fresh vegetables and condiments of your choice.