Kale is at the base of this nutrient dense salad! Quinoa is a very flexible grain, and is a great addition to salad particularly this very flavorful recipe.
Kale, Quinoa, and Radish Salad [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 cups baby kale
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small pot over high heat, combine the quinoa, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Place the lid on, reduce the heat, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow quinoa to sit for several minutes before fluffing with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the baby kale, radishes, pumpkin seeds, and quinoa and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Dress the salad and toss again.
- This salad is best served the same day unless you choose to make it with a heartier kale like Black or Tuscan, which has a much stronger leaf and won’t break down as easily when dressed. If using, make sure to use a large knife to remove the thick, bony spines from each leaf before cutting or tearing them into bite-sized pieces.