This salad could be a perfect example for a light dinner in between parties or a delicious side dish for any of those banquets. Kale is actually an amazing green to prepare salads in advance, thanks to its rough leaves which don’t go soggy easily. And pumpkin is a must be in any dinner these days.
Kale and Pumpkin Salad [Vegan, Grain-Free]
To Make the Salad:
- 3 kale leaves stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 pumpkin deseed, peeled and diced
- 1 handful hazelnuts
- 3 1/2 ounces pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
To Make the Mustard Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon tahini sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Place the diced pumpkin and sliced onion in a baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Make the dressing by placing all ingredients in a jar and give it a good shake.
- Place the kale in a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and massage the leaves so they get soften.
- Add the roasted pumpkin and onion, pomegranates and hazelnuts.