These little tea cakes are light and delicate nibbles that are great for serving at brunch. Not only do they taste delicious, but baking these fills your house with the smell of lavender and jasmine. Plus they’re quick and easy to make, so even if you’re running late, you’ll still be able to make these guys. These teacakes are a perfect treat on any weekend morning while curled up with a book.
Jasmine Lavender Tea Cakes [Vegan]
For the Cakes:
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure cane or white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, plus 6 tablespoons water whisked together
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup brewed jasmine tea
- 2 teaspoon ground lavender buds
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup of brewed jasmine tea
- 1 teaspoon ground lavender buds
- 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar, depending on how sweet and thick you want your glaze to be
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until well-combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the vegan butter, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth.
- Add the flax-water mix, vanilla, and tea to the liquid mix and whisk together until smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until everything is well-combined. Fold in the lavender buds.
- Pour the batter into the mini muffin pan filling, close to the top. These teacakes won’t rise much. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- While your teacakes are baking, prepare the jasmine tea glaze. In a medium bowl, combine the tea, lavender, and powder sugar, and whisk until thickened. Taste test as you go to determine how sweet to make it.
- Drizzle the glaze over the teacakes and serve warm.