These Jaffa Cakes have a spongey base, orange jelly centre and are topped with crisp chocolate.
Jaffa Cakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Jaffa Cakes [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons smooth (peel-free) orange marmalade
- 4 1/2 oz dairy-free chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
How to Prepare Jaffa Cakes [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan/180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 and grease a 12-hole shallow bun tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornflour, and sugar. Add the milk, vinegar, oil, and vanilla and whisk everything to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the bun tin holes, adding 1–2 tablespoons batter to each. Bake for 8–10 minutes until golden brown, then let cool in the tins.
- In a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, gently melt the chocolate with the coconut oil. Remove from the heat.
- Once the buns are cool, place on a cooling rack, over some greaseproof paper, and mound a teaspoon of marmalade on top of each one. Drizzle over the chocolate until the marmalade is completely covered.
- Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.