This healthy Texas Caviar recipe is perfect to bring to your next party. It's easy to make, but worth the effort to plan ahead so that it can be served chilled. Prepare up to 2 days in advance and store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Texas Caviar is said first to have been served on New Year’s Eve at the Houston Country Club sometime around 1940. Whether celebrating at a Country Club or watching football at your sibling's apartment, this black-eyed pea Texas Caviar is the perfect dish!
Instant Pot Black-Eyed Peas Texas Caviar [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Instant Pot Black-Eyed Peas Texas Caviar [Vegan]
- 1 cup dried black-eyed peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pickled jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
How to Prepare Instant Pot Black-Eyed Peas Texas Caviar [Vegan]
- Press the Bean button on the Instant Pot™ and add the black-eyed peas and water. Lock the lid into place and cook for the default time of 30 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow pressure to release naturally until float valve drops and unlock lid. Drain the peas.
- Transfer the peas to a large mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients to the beans and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate 1–2 hours before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Beans - Black
- Bell Pepper
- Black Eye / Pigeon Pea
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 166 | Carbs: 21g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 5g | Sodium: 315mg | Sugar: 8gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.