Serve with a spicy peanut sauce or a sweet-and-sour dipping sauce to bring out the traditional Southeast Asian essence of these rolls. You’ll rarely find a fresher, straight from the garden quality to spring rolls than in this easy Instant Pot™ dish. Tender mushrooms, Napa cabbage, and bamboo shoots all combined into one delicious spring roll. Need we say more?
Instant Pot Steamed Spring Rolls With Mushrooms, Napa Cabbage and Bamboo Shoots [Vegan]
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups water
- Combine the cabbage, bamboo shoots, cilantro, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, soy sauce, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Place the spring roll wrappers on a flat surface.
- Top each wrapper with an equal amount of the cabbage mixture, making a row down the center. Roll up the wrappers, tuck in the ends, and place side by side in the steamer basket.
- Add the water to the Instant Pot™ and insert the steamer basket. Lock the lid into place, press the Steam button, and adjust cook time to 3 minutes. When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Remove rolls from pot and serve warm.
Spring roll wrappers are also known as rice paper because they are made from rice flour, and rolled into thin, translucent sheets. Before using them you must briefly soak them in water so they become soft and pliable for rolling up the spring roll filling.