Serve with a spicy peanut sauce or a sweet-and-sour dipping sauce to bring out the traditional Southeast Asian essence of these rolls. You’ll rarely find a fresher, straight from the garden quality to spring rolls than in this easy Instant Pot™ dish. Tender mushrooms, Napa cabbage, and bamboo shoots all combined into one delicious spring roll. Need we say more?
Instant Pot Steamed Spring Rolls With Mushrooms, Napa Cabbage and Bamboo Shoots [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Instant Pot Steamed Spring Rolls With Mushrooms, Napa Cabbage and Bamboo Shoots [Vegan]
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups water
How to Prepare Instant Pot Steamed Spring Rolls With Mushrooms, Napa Cabbage and Bamboo Shoots [Vegan]
- Combine the cabbage, bamboo shoots, cilantro, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, soy sauce, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Place the spring roll wrappers on a flat surface.
- Top each wrapper with an equal amount of the cabbage mixture, making a row down the center. Roll up the wrappers, tuck in the ends, and place side by side in the steamer basket.
- Add the water to the Instant Pot™ and insert the steamer basket. Lock the lid into place, press the Steam button, and adjust cook time to 3 minutes. When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Remove rolls from pot and serve warm.
Spring roll wrappers are also known as rice paper because they are made from rice flour, and rolled into thin, translucent sheets. Before using them you must briefly soak them in water so they become soft and pliable for rolling up the spring roll filling.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 41 | Carbs: 9g | Fat: 0g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 60mg | Sugar: 1gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.