Quick and super easy to make, it reheats well and makes for delicious, healthy and filling lunches all week long!
Instant Pot Corn Chowder [Vegan]
- 1-2 tablespoon organic canola oil (or choice of oil)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 4 cups Yukon Gold or other yellow potatoes, cut into larger bite sized pieces
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon bouillon vegetable base
- 3/4 cup canned small white beans drained and rinsed well.
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot onto 'saute' and once hot add your canola oil.
- Add your diced onion and saute for about a minute before adding your red pepper. Continue cooking and stirring frequently for another minute.
- Add your pressed garlic, chopped potatoes, smoked paprika, thyme, vegetable broth, coconut milk, bay leaf, Better than Bouillon and beans, Give it a quick stir.
- Close the lid, ensure the vent is sealed and using the 'Soup' function, set it for 8 minutes.
- Once the beeper sounds, allow it to release naturally for about 10 minutes and then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and after removing your bay leaf, immediately stir in your corn, salt and pepper and give it a good stir.
- Allow the corn to sit at least 5 minutes and after it's cooled a bit, remove about 1/2 of the soup (a good mix of solids and liquid) and pulverize until completely smooth in a high speed blender. Return it to the pot and stir to combine well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.