This crumbly cheese is just wonderful, which is fast to make, easy, and very nutritious!
Instant Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- 3/4 raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours in hot water
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/3 ounces odorless coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon syrup agave
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Few nuts, coarsely ground
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Whizz in the blender until they become cream.
- Add all the other materials (except the extra nuts) and blend until the mixture is homogenized. Empty it and give it a ball shape. Roll it with a plastic film and put it in the fridge.
- After 5 hours (or overnight) remove the plastic film and sprinkle it with the nuts, pressing it so it gets stuck.
- Serve with crackers, bread, breadcrumbs, or toast. Keep the rest in an airtight bowl. You can even cook with it!