A decadent coconut ice cream cake with chocolate sauce and coconut whipped cream.
Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
- 1 package of chocolate cream filled cookies
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 containers Vanilla coconut ice cream
- 2 containers Chocolate coconut ice cream
- Can of coconut whip cream (or make your own)
- vegan chocolate sauce
- 10-12 strawberries
- Pour a whole package of Newman's Own (or other vegan chocolate cream filled cookies) into the food processor and blend until you have a pile of crumbs.
- Add your melted coconut oil and quickly blend again.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Leave out about ⅓ (or less) of a cup of the crumbs and pour the rest onto the parchment paper.
- Use a spatula to press the crumbs into place.
- Put the whole pan in the freezer for about half an hour.
- At the same time remove 1 container of Coconut Bliss chocolate ice cream from the freezer and leave it on your counter to soften.
- When about 30 minutes have passed and the ice cream is soft (not fully melted but like it is here in the photo), scoop it out and place the scoops over top of your cookie crumb layer.
- Use a fork to flatten it, being careful to not disturb your cookie crust below.
- Once flattened and with no cookie crumbs visible, spread the ice cream around with a spatula until 'flat'.
- When you are done, take a cloth and quickly wipe the inside of your pan above the ice cream to keep your cake looking 'pretty'.
- Put the whole pan back in the freezer for about half an hour and at the same time remove one container of vanilla ice cream and allow it to soften on your countertop.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and as before cover the previous layer of chocolate ice cream with scoops of vanilla.
- Again press it down with a fork and then smooth it out with a spatula.
- Wipe the inside of your pan above the ice cream layer.
- Put the cake back in the freezer and remove the last container of chocolate ice cream from the freezer to soften.
- After 30 minutes add your second and last chocolate ice cream layer .
- Add your reserved cookie crumbs (saving about 3 tbsp for the top of the cake) on top of the chocolate ice cream layer and put the whole pan back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Again remove the (last) container of vanilla ice cream and allow it to soften on your countertop for 30 minutes.
- Add your last layer of vanilla ice cream as you have done before and sprinkle your remaining cookie crumbs on top.
- Return the cake to the freezer and allow it to harden overnight or for a few hours. After an hour or so of being in the freezer, cover the pan loosely with foil to prevent freezer burn.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the freezer and remove your springform pan sides.
- I leave the bottom of the pan in place and slice down carefully to the parchment paper to serve.
- Place each slice on a plate and decorate with coconut whip cream and hershey's chocolate sauce (oh yes it is vegan!!)
- Add a sliced strawberry to garnish. Mmmm...Sooo good!!!