Nothing nasty here, just a bit nutty. The pecan milk base is mixed with cinnamon and nutmeg. If you're looking for a creamy, thick egg nog look-alike try using coconut milk. Dates are blended in for sweetness and rum is added to make it a REAL drink.
Spiced Rum Egg Nog [Vegan]
4 - 5
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 2-3 cups water
- 4-5 shots of rum (1 shot is about 44 ml)
- 1 can coconut milk (optional but recommended)
- Blend everything together in your high-speed blender.
- Add the rum one shot at time to make sure you don't make it too strong and render all your guests unconscious by the end of the evening.
- If you don't use the coconut milk, just make up for it by adding 1/4 cup more of pecans and 1 cup more of water. But the coconut milk makes it really creamy and delicious... just saying. Change it as you desire... then CHUG!