Maca has an earthy and sweet flavor and it’s great for hot drinks and smoothies. This hot chocolate has a wonderful combination of spices and sweeteners that are all health-boosting and delicious.
Hot Chocolate ‘Macaccino’ [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hot Chocolate ‘Macaccino’ [Vegan]
- 1 cup rice milk (or any other plant milk)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon date syrup (or any other liquid sweetener like maple syrup or agave)*
- 1 teaspoon maca root powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A healthy pinch of nutmeg
- A healthy pinch of Himalayan salt
How to Prepare Hot Chocolate ‘Macaccino’ [Vegan]
- If you have a milk frother, put all the ingredients into the frother and froth until well mixed. Alternatively, mix the ingredients in a saucepan and heat up (but don’t boil it!).
- Adjust the sweetness to your like and serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving Calories: 204 | Carbs: 42 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 95 mg | Sugar: 23 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.