These wraps are just layer upon layer of flavor wrapped in a soft tortilla. It begins with crunchy, garlicky chickpeas, continues with tender, crispy cauliflower rice, and ends in a crackly bite of herbed veggies and coleslaw doused in a savory "honey" ginger sauce. Thick, sweet, tangy, zesty, and most importantly, delicious!
‘Honey’ Garlic Roasted Chickpea Wraps [Vegan]
For the Chickpeas:
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
For the Wraps:
- 1 cup classic coleslaw mix (with no dressing)
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 2 wraps of your choice
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spread your chickpeas on a paper towel and dry them off.
- Add the chickpeas into a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil and garlic powder until evenly coated. Spread onto a small baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes, stir and then bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
- While the chickpeas cook, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan set over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce just begins to reduce and thicken, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and place into the refrigerator to let cool and thicken more while you make the cauliflower rice.
- Place the cauliflower into a small food processor and process until broken down and "rice-like."
- Heat the oil in a small pan on medium heat and cook the garlic just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the cauliflower rice, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate, medium bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, cilantro, and green onion. Add in the thickened sauce and stir until evenly coated.
- Place the wraps on two plates, dividing the spinach between each. Then, divide the cauliflower rice, the coleslaw mix and, finally, divide the roasted chickpeas. Roll up and serve.