These wraps are just layer upon layer of flavor wrapped in a soft tortilla. It begins with crunchy, garlicky chickpeas, continues with tender, crispy cauliflower rice, and ends in a crackly bite of herbed veggies and coleslaw doused in a savory "honey" ginger sauce. Thick, sweet, tangy, zesty, and most importantly, delicious!
‘Honey’ Garlic Roasted Chickpea Wraps [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for ‘Honey’ Garlic Roasted Chickpea Wraps [Vegan]
For the Chickpeas:
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
For the Wraps:
- 1 cup classic coleslaw mix (with no dressing)
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 2 wraps of your choice
- 1 cup spinach, packed
How to Prepare ‘Honey’ Garlic Roasted Chickpea Wraps [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spread your chickpeas on a paper towel and dry them off.
- Add the chickpeas into a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil and garlic powder until evenly coated. Spread onto a small baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes, stir and then bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
- While the chickpeas cook, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan set over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce just begins to reduce and thicken, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and place into the refrigerator to let cool and thicken more while you make the cauliflower rice.
- Place the cauliflower into a small food processor and process until broken down and "rice-like."
- Heat the oil in a small pan on medium heat and cook the garlic just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the cauliflower rice, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate, medium bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, cilantro, and green onion. Add in the thickened sauce and stir until evenly coated.
- Place the wraps on two plates, dividing the spinach between each. Then, divide the cauliflower rice, the coleslaw mix and, finally, divide the roasted chickpeas. Roll up and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.