This homemade vitamin C powder is a great way to add a burst of citrus to your morning smoothies! The best method in using this powder is to mix a teaspoon into your smoothie, but you could also stir it into water, keeping in mind, of course, that it isn’t going to dissolve. It could also be used for a subtle orange flavor in tea, or sprinkled onto oatmeal.
Homemade Vitamin C Powder [Vegan]
- Orange peels from 8 organic oranges
- Save the peels from about 8 oranges (you can store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator until you're ready to dry them). Leave the white pith intact, as it is full of vitamin C, as well.
- Dry your peels. Tear the peels up into little pieces and dry them overnight in a dehydrator.
- If you don't have a dehydrator, you can set them out where they won’t be disturbed, for about a week until they are completely dry.
- You could also dry them in your oven on the lowest setting. This will be faster so keep checking them often. Once dry, use your blender or coffee grinder to mill them into a fine powder.
- It should yield 2 cups. Store the powder in a small jar in the refrigerator.