Slow cooked for maximum flavor and made high-protein thanks to a combination of red lentils and black beans. This recipe can also be made in the Instant Pot for those who want a quicker option. Either way, all you need to do is dump all the ingredients in and leave it there to cook. Both options are equally delicious, although there’s nothing better than a chili slow cooking all day. Serve this chili with avocado, black pepper, green onions and a good slice of bread for dipping. Bring on the comfort food!
High-Protein Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili [Vegan]
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (this recipe used red)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (19 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup split red lentils
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups vegetable broth, no salt added
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of your slow cooker. Stir together and cover.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Ladle the chili into bowls and top with avocado, black pepper and green onions if desired.
- Add all the ingredients to your Instant Pot. Stir together and cook on soup or chili setting for 15 minutes.
- Once done cooking, release the steam.
- Ladle into bowls and top with avocado, black pepper and green onions if desired.
If using salted vegetable broth, add less salt to the recipe, to taste.