What’s fab about this recipe is everything! It’s packed with cauliflower, fresh herbs, involves a handful of ingredients, packs tons of flavor, perfect for any season, great for entertaining!
Herb Cauliflower Fritters [Vegan]
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons follow your heart egg powder combined with 3/4 cup water or almond milk
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced [white and green parts]
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup vegan Parm Cheese [optional]
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets [it should be evenly chopped but not completely pulverized].
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked or boil a little water in a pot and place a strainer inside the pot. The strainer shouldn't touch the water. Toss the cauliflower in [work in batched if needed] and allow the water to steam the cauliflower. Set aside to cool.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in a tea towel or nutmilk bag and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can [warning, if you don't wait long enough, cauliflower will be very hot]
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add everything that remains minus the oil.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Take the fritters and form patties. You want them to be slight wet as I feel they hold together better. If they fall apart, I'd add more egg. You can modify the size and thickness to meet your preferences.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side. Flip on the sides to cook the edges. Set aside to drain briefly on paper towels to soak up any excess grease, and immediately transfer to an oven proof dish and then into the hot oven until ready to eat.
- Top with a dollop of vegan yogurt or sour cream and sprinkle with finely chopped scallions.
If you want to create a crispier outer edge, you can lightly coat the outside right before frying with additional Panko.