This Heirloom Tomato salad is the perfect recipe for people who grow their own tomatoes (or happen to have a bunch of tomatoes lying around in their kitchen.) It's so easy, fresh, and tasty--what's not to love? Just cut the tomatoes; top with basil, balsamic, salt, and pepper; chill; and eat. So simple and so good!
Heirloom Tomato Salad [Vegan]
- 1 large or 2 medium sized heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar. (You can use 18 or 25 year old.)
- 1 tablespoon basil olive oil
- 3 large basil leaves shredded
- 1 pimento pepper (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- Wash and slice your tomatoes. Layer it on your plate. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar over tomatoes. Sprinkle the basil and peppers over and cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Heirloom tomatoes are naturally sweet it does not need anything fancy or too much. Serve your salad chilled…