If you are looking for a dip that can fit everybody’s needs, this healthy spicy cauliflower dip is the one you should bookmark. Because it is homemade, you can adjust its spiciness and saltiness. Better yet, this healthy and colorful dip only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Your friends and guests will be pleased with how appetizing it looks and tastes.
Healthy Spicy Cauliflower Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large cauliflower, raw (approximately 24 ounces)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (full-fat preferred)
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro sprigs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder (freshly ground preferred)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. While the water is heating, cut the cauliflower head into florets. Rinse and drain. Place the cauliflower florets into the vegetable steamer and then place the steamer into the saucepan once the water is boiling. Steam for seven minutes. Let the cooked cauliflower cool slightly and then transfer them into a food processor. Puree with coconut milk until smooth. Use rubber spatula to help fold in the cauliflower from the wall of food processor if necessary.
- While the cauliflower florets are cooking. Cut the peppers, garlic, and cilantro. Heat a sauté pan over high heat. When the pan is smoky hot, add diced peppers into the pan without oil. Stir continuously to help remove the moisture from the peppers, approximately three minutes. Use a spatula to push the peppers to the side of the sauté pan and then add 1 teaspoon of oil. Sauté garlic and peppers in oil until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower puree, curry powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, ground black pepper, sautéed garlic and pepper (save 1 tablespoon for garnishing), and 2 teaspoons of chopped cilantro sprigs. Add more salt and seasoning to taste if necessary. Garnish with the remaining pepper and cilantro in the middle before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.