A healthy polenta pizza recipe perfect for those trying to eat a low-calorie diet. This filling, polenta crust is a delicious twist on traditional pizza dough.
Healthy Polenta Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Healthy Polenta Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Pizza Crust:
- 80 grams polenta
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh rosemary
- Pepper and salt
To Make the Topping
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 3 1/2 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 40 grams black olives
- Italian herbs
- Pepper and salt
How to Prepare Healthy Polenta Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Put the water and the almond milk together in a pan and bring to boil. Add the polenta when the water starts boiling. Stir while you add the polenta, so no lumps are formed. Add a bit of salt. Lower the heat and leave the polenta to boil for about 20 minutes. Stir now and then.
- Make the sauce by putting the tomato passata in a bowl and add salt, pepper and Italian herbs to it. Stir together.
- Stir the rosemary through the polenta when it is almost cooked. Taste the polenta and add some salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Divide the polenta over the baking sheet. Make sure you get an equal layer and press the crust onto the baking sheet with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the polenta crust.
- Bake the crust with the sauce for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Drain the mushroom and cut the bell pepper in pieces and the olives in slices.
- Divide the topping over the polenta pizza and bake it for another 15 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 418 | Total Carbs: 74 g | Total Fat: 8 g | Total Protein:10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.