A "berry" delicious chocolate fudge treat made healthy! These super decadent blueberry chocolate fudge bars are made healthier using whole food ingredients! Instead of all-purpose flour, the bars are made from rice flour and almond flour and packed with plant-based protein. They're also speckled with freeze-dried blueberries, which pairs perfectly with the fudgy chocolate frosting on top. Perfect as a pre-workout snack, a less "guilty" sweet treat, or even for breakfast.
Healthy Blueberry Fudge Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Blueberry Bars:
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour or gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar replacement of choice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried blueberries (not dehydrated)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For the Fudge Frosting:
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the freeze-dried berries into a food processor until a powder forms. Add the remaining dry ingredients (flours, protein powder, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder) and mix until incorporated.
- Add the melted coconut oil and applesauce and continue blending until all ingredients are incorporated and a dough forms.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of your prepared baking pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir in maple syrup and then powder sugar until a frosting forms.
- Spread frosting evenly over blueberry layer. Top with freeze dried blueberry crumbles if desired and place in the freezer for 15 minutes for chocolate to set. Cut into squares and serve.
All sugar-free ingredients can be replaced with it's full sugar versions, however, nutrition facts will change.