This banana bread makes an amazing breakfast or snack during the day! If you've been wondering what to do with those ripe bananas on your counter, this is your solution!
Healthy Banana Bread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Healthy Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 2 Flax Eggs
- 2.5 very ripe Bananas
- 1 tablespoon Almond, Soy or Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1.5 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour*
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Lightly Toasted Pecans
- 1/2 Dark Chocolate Chunks (chips, or cacao nibs for totally refined sugar free option)
How to Prepare Healthy Banana Bread [Vegan]
- Pre-heat your oven to 350℉ and lightly grease a 9x5 inch bread loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, make your flax eggs (2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of ground flax seed mixed with 6 tablespoons of water)
- Mash 2 whole bananas with a fork (or in a mixer) and add the flax eggs. Mix well.
- Add the "milk," vanilla and maple syrup and mix again until combined.
- Add everything else minus the pecans.
- Chop the pecans into bits and toast in a non-stick pan over low heat (approximately 5 minutes or until fragrant).
- Lastly, mix in the chocolate and the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and using a silicone spatula (or metal spoon) smooth until even (you don't have to be perfect, just try and get it so it settles into a mostly even shape).
- Bake in the middle rack for about an hour (start checking at 45 minutes by inserting a tooth pick in center until it comes out clean).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 109 | Carbs: 13 g | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 3 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.