Bought some green tomatoes from the grocery store and don't know what to do with them? Try to make a healthier version of the classic Fried Green Tomatoes.
Oven-Baked Green Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 2 Large organic green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- Slice the green tomatoes into thick slices.
- Pour the almond milk into a small bowl, set aside.
- Add the almond flour, garlic powder, pink himalayan salt, cayenne pepper and nutritional yeast in a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Dip the tomato slices (one at a time) into the almond milk, then into the coating mixture covering both sides completely.
- Put on a baking tray and bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dip and they are best when served hot.
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch