Bought some green tomatoes from the grocery store and don't know what to do with them? Try to make a healthier version of the classic Fried Green Tomatoes.
Oven-Baked Green Tomatoes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Oven-Baked Green Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 2 Large organic green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
How to Prepare Oven-Baked Green Tomatoes [Vegan]
- Slice the green tomatoes into thick slices.
- Pour the almond milk into a small bowl, set aside.
- Add the almond flour, garlic powder, pink himalayan salt, cayenne pepper and nutritional yeast in a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Dip the tomato slices (one at a time) into the almond milk, then into the coating mixture covering both sides completely.
- Put on a baking tray and bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dip and they are best when served hot.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.