This is a fiber-packed, healthier version of the famous hazelnut spread. Enjoy this in a dessert recipe or on some toast.
Healthier Hazelnut Chocolate Spread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Healthier Hazelnut Chocolate Spread [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 1/2-ounces 70% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces.
- 2 ripe avocados, flesh scooped out.
How to Prepare Healthier Hazelnut Chocolate Spread [Vegan]
- In a small pot on stove top, mix and heat up the ground hazelnuts, water, and maple syrup.
- Add the dates and chocolate.
- Bring to a low simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly and banging the dates with a wooden spoon until the chocolate melts and dates dissolve.
- Take off heat and process directly in the pot with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Put the avocado flesh in the bowl of a food processor. Add the chocolate/hazelnut mixture and process until well blended and smooth.
- Transfer into a container or glass jar, cover and store in fridge. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.