The banana batter makes this a healthier alternative to a classic brunch favorite!
Healthier Cinnamon French Toast [Vegan]
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 6 thick slices of bread
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan butter
- Extra cinnamon, for topping
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Add the bananas, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice to a food processor or powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- Add a little coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat. Once it's, melted dip one slice of bread into the mixture and place on the skillet. Let cook until the bread golden and then flip to the other side gently. Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- Top with extra cinnamon and maple syrup