This is one of the most popular "sweets" at Blossom Du Jour and Blossom Bakery in New York City. It's actually a great option for breakfast, a snack or dessert. We love recipes like this. They taste great, but are also great for you!
Harvest Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp potato starch
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot
- 8 Tbsp water
- 2 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a mixing bowl cream together your vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the potato starch, arrowroot and water until a light foam begins to form.
- Add your foam mixture to your creamed butter and mix until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the oats to the dough and gently fold in.
- Lastly add the flour mix, the cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix until the dough just comes together.
- Put dough on cookie sheep in heaping tablespoons.
- Bake at 325 for 14 minutes rotating the pan 180 degrees half way through.