Cooking okra right can be tricky, but this simple, tender, and flavourful medley of harissa-infused roasted vegetables will make you a fan. Broccoli, potatoes, and okra are roasted in a piquant sauce of harissa, garlic, olive oil, and ground black pepper. Sun-dried tomatoes are tossed in at the very end for added savory flavors and because the combination of okra and tomatoes cannot be beat.
Harissa Roasted Potato, Okra, and Broccoli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-6 small red or white potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, cut into florets with short stems
- 8-10 fresh okra fingers, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 sweet onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F., and line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper (oil lightly if using foil).
- Combine olive oil, garlic and harissa paste in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate.
- Mix in black pepper and salt, taste and adjust as desired.
- In a large bowl, potato, broccoli, okra, onion, and bell pepper.
- Pour olive oil harissa mixture over potato mix and toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are baked through.
- Toss in sundried tomatoes, lower heat and let it bake with vegetables for about 5 minutes.