Cooking okra right can be tricky, but this simple, tender, and flavourful medley of harissa-infused roasted vegetables will make you a fan. Broccoli, potatoes, and okra are roasted in a piquant sauce of harissa, garlic, olive oil, and ground black pepper. Sun-dried tomatoes are tossed in at the very end for added savory flavors and because the combination of okra and tomatoes cannot be beat.
Harissa Roasted Potato, Okra, and Broccoli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Harissa Roasted Potato, Okra, and Broccoli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-6 small red or white potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, cut into florets with short stems
- 8-10 fresh okra fingers, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 sweet onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
How to Prepare Harissa Roasted Potato, Okra, and Broccoli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 400°F., and line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper (oil lightly if using foil).
- Combine olive oil, garlic and harissa paste in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate.
- Mix in black pepper and salt, taste and adjust as desired.
- In a large bowl, potato, broccoli, okra, onion, and bell pepper.
- Pour olive oil harissa mixture over potato mix and toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are baked through.
- Toss in sundried tomatoes, lower heat and let it bake with vegetables for about 5 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.