Well, when it comes to vegan food, still many people think there is only tofu - white, thick tasteless, chewy stuff and nothing else. Far from it !! Since I became interested in cooking and preparing vegan, healthy and clean meals, I get more and more creative and try new recipes I find on the net to get a lot of inspiration. And instead of eating the avocado raw in the salad I just thought it could be nice with a nutty crust. Once you try it, I think you'll agree with me!
Happy Summer Salad With Sesame-Crusted Avocado [Vegan]
- 4 leafs of Romano lettuce (or any other kind of lettuce you prefer)
- 2 grape tomatoes
- 1/3 salad cucumber (with peal or without)
- 1 spring onion
- 5-6 leafs of fresh mint
- 4 leafs of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. soy yogurt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp low salt sweet soja sauce
- 1 tbsp white rice vinegar
- freshly grounded pepper according taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast powder
- 1/2 avocado, ripe
- 1 tsp genuine coconut oil (for the pan)
- 2 tbsp sesame seed
- Salt, pepper
- Start with the dressing (ingredients can blend and flavor can unfold)
- Mix all ingredients together with a beater and put it aside
- Cut the salad, the tomatoes, cucumber, the onions, mint leafs and basil and mix it in a bowl.
- Preheat a pan (Teflon coated par preference) and let melt the coconut oil; when hot enough
- Sprinkle salt and pepper o the cut face of the avocado
- Put the sesame seeds on a small plate and head the avocado with the cut face down in the sesame seeds, squeeze slightly.
- When covered with sesame - I'm addicted to sesame and tahini and sesame puree so it can't be enough :-) - put the avocado carefully in the pan.
- Put the rest of the seeds in the pan too as it will be a nice topping for the salad.
- When the sesame is golden, take the pan and put it aside.
- Now stir your dressing a last time and pour it over your salad, mix it.
- Put the avocado on the top and sprinkle your salad with the roasted sesame seeds.
- Voilà , Bon appétit :)
You can use any kind of you favorite nuts and seed for the crust, a friend of me made it with crushed almonds.