This is not a traditional curry recipe, but instead inspired by the flavors of delicious Indian and Surinamese dishes. This curry uses green bell pepper, peas, cilantro, and sugar snaps, but for an even greener curry you can add spinach or kale. The heat in this dish is mild, so if you like it spicy you can add a chilli pepper or another tablespoon of chili flakes. Serve with rice or your favorite grains.
Green Vegetable Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 3.5 ounces sugar snaps
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- A handful of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru or chili flakes (optional)
- Start by sautéeing the onion and garlic over medium-low for about 3 minutes with a pinch of salt. After this, add the mushrooms, sugar snaps, bell pepper, peas, curry powder, cumin, and gochugaru (or chili flakes)
- Cook these for about 5 minutes before adding about 3/4 cup of water and cook for another 5 minutes to make it nice and saucy. Sprinkle some cilantro on top of the final dish. I had it with rice but you can have it with roti, or some bread, or whatever else you like.
- Bell Pepper