This soup is the perfect dish to enjoy on a cool spring evening. The light, the lemony broth is poured over orzo and tender shoots of asparagus. This dish will quickly make its way onto your list of favorite recipes.
Green Spring Minestrone With Orzo and Asparagus [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 6 1/3 cups vegetable broth
- 5.3 ounces orzo pasta, gluten-free if needed
- 5.3 ounces cooked chickpeas, rinsed
- 8.8 ounces green asparagus
- 3.5 ounces spinach
- 3.5 ounces peas
- 1 spring onion
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- Place the oil in a hot pot, cut the onion into fine strips, and fry them at a low to medium heat for 3 minutes stirring frequently. Sprinkle them with broth and add the chickpeas and orzo. Let everything simmer for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Cut the asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Add the asparagus to the soup and simmer it for 2 more minutes.
- Finely chop the spinach together with the peas, add them to the soup, let them simmer for 2 minutes at a low heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat, cut the spring onions into fine rings, mix them with the lemon juice, and serve with coarsely chopped basil.