A great tasty way to get your daily greens is through this green soup variation! This soup is filled with healthy vegetables and is also packed with flavor!
Green Soup [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (white parts only), washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch kale (about 12 stalks), center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Plain dairy-free yogurt, for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and ginger and cook, stirring often, until the leeks have softened. Add the kale and spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, miso paste, and almond butter and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest and season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Puree the soup until smooth, if you like, or leave as is.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a nice dollop of plain yogurt and a sprinkling of chopped fresh mint.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.