Sink your teeth into something that everyone will love. These veganized sloppy joe's are packed with protein-rich lentils and hearty vegetables to give them a satisfying kick!
Green Lentil Sloppy Joe’s [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcester sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot heat the olive oil and add the onion, celery and pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant.
- Add the Worcester sauce, tomato paste and lentils.
- Add the tomatoes and water, bring to the boil, turn it down to a simmer and cook for 30-35 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put on big, soft buns, or you can use any bread you like.