This recipe gets its name from its uniqueness. Edamame, cooked spinach, and tahini are blended together to create a sauce unlike any other. It's smooth like hummus in its texture, yet it tastes like pesto. Serve it over pasta or enjoy it as a dip.
Green Edamame Spinach Hummus Pesto [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cups cooked edamame beans
- 7 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or any other herb you like)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients except the spinach in a blender or food processor. Make it as smooth or as chunky as you like.
- Quickly sauté the spinach on medium-high heat until wilted, without oil. Use a tiny bit of water, if needed.
- Fold in the spinach in the edamame mix and serve over pasta.