This green curry requires only one pot and less than 20 minutes of preparation. This version is made with broccoli and cannellini beans, but feel free to change the vegetables and legumes to your liking. Serve it with rice or naan bread for a delicious, comforting meal!
Green Curry with Cannellini Beans [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, avocado or coconut)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth, unsalted (or water)
- 3-4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 can cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Rice or naan bread, for serving
Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan. Saute the onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
Add the broccoli, coconut milk, broth and curry paste. Stir together and bring to a boil.
Reduce to medium heat. Stir in the cannellini beans and let it all simmer for 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is fork tender.
Serve with rice or naan bread.