These Green Banana Flour Pancakes turn out to be extremely fluffy and delicious.
Green Banana Flour Pancakes [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup green banana (plantain) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, for cooking
- Mix the ground flax seeds with water, stir a few times and set aside for 10-15 minutes to thicken
- Pour the flour in a medium bowl, add the baking soda and stir to combine. Add in the flax meal, milk, vanilla, and vinegar and stir to get an even doughy mixture (don’t overmix!)
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium-low. Add about 1/4 cup of the batter to form a pancake. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the edges get golden brown and bubbles form on top. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side. Repeat
- Serve warm with a drizzle of pure maple syrup, banana slices, or other fruits of choice. Enjoy!