A no-bake, raw, gooey salted caramel tahini bar that is full of all the good stuff- protein, fats, and carbs. These Gooey Salted Caramel Tahini Bars are gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, and high in protein!
Gooey Salted Caramel Tahini Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat grouts (sub with oats)
- 3 dates *
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 ounces almond milk
For the Caramel Center:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 dates *
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional)
- Pinch of salt
For the Topping:
- 1 1/2 ounces Vegan Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Combine all the base ingredients in a blender and press into a lined tray firmly. If the mixture isn't sticking together then add a bit more milk. Place this in the freezer.
- Blend the center ingredients and spoon over the top of the base and place in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil and spoon over the caramel layer.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Store in the fridge for a week.
Softening the dates before in a little hot water for around 10 minutes will make them easier to blend.