Turmeric is a very effective nutritional supplement and has countless benefits. Curcumin, the bioactive ingredient in turmeric, can increase neural stem cell growth by as much as 80% at certain concentrations. It’s best absorbed when paired with healthy fats and black pepper, so this recipe is a perfect blend to maximize absorption.
Golden Mylk Adaptogen Cups [Vegan]
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwaganda
- 1/2 teaspoon shatavari
- In a small pan, heat up the coconut oil until melted. Add in the cashew butter and melt until well mixed in with the oil.
- Add the turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, coconut sugar, black pepper, ashwaganda, and shatavari to the coconut oil and cashew butter. Stir until the consistency is soft and creamy. Remove from the heat.
- Use a mini silicon muffin tin (or use muffin liners in a metal tin) and scoop about 2 tablespoon into each cup.
- Freeze for about 2-3 hours before serving. You can eat frozen or let it defrost to eat at room temperature once softened.